What LIBA is able to accomplish depends on the strength of our membership numbers and the willingness of our members to actively participate in the growing the organization. The primary benefit of your membership is being part of a collective voice of Louisville's independently-owned businesses.
Plus, your business benefits! Companies in communities with campaigns like LIBA's report stronger sales than those without (cited from the 2016 Independent Business Survey. Click here to read the full report.)
We invite all local businesses to join LIBA and let your independent voice be heard!
STANDARD BUSINESS MEMBERSHIP
download our Benefits Sheet. Or you can let
some of our current members tell you how a
LIBA membership will benefit your business:
PARTNER BUSINESS MEMBERSHIP
Download a listing of the 'usual' benefits of becoming a LIBA Partner Member. But keep in mind that partnerships are easily customized to fit the needs of your company. Email Jennifer or call 502-473-4687 to discuss the possibilities.
All partner memberships include your logo printed by your listings and recognition in our "special thanks" ad in our Buy Local Guides, recognition as a Partner Member throughout our website and on signage at all of our events, the option to include an item in our new member welcome packets, recognition in our enewsletters, etc.
Standard Partner Membership Levels include:
Key Investor Membership
Trustee Membership - only 2 available
Business Members must be able to answer YES to to questions 1-4 and NO to question 5:
- Is your primary place of business located in the Louisville area with no corporate or national head-quarters outside this area? (Primary means that more than 50% of all income generated by the business is in the Louisville area. The Louisville area is defined as the following counties: Jefferson, Bullitt, Henry, Meade, Nelson, Oldham, Spencer, Shelby and Trimble in Kentucky, and Clark, Floyd, Harrison, and Washington counties in Indiana).
- Are you owned in majority (greater than 51%) by Louisville-area residents?
- Is your business either privately held or a non-profit? (ie. not publicly traded)
- Can your business make independent decisions regarding the name and look of your business, as well as all business purchasing, practices and distribution?
- Is your business a franchise?
If you don’t meet these qualifications, you could still
be eligible to be a Supporter. Please contact us to find out more.
After your business is approved, you will be allowed to add contacts to your member account.